Preston City Heritage Walk
Stroll through the city centre for a heritage walk like no other...
Preston is jam-packed with heritage sites to feast your eyes on. The city centre is home to buildings and areas rich in history and architectural design. Below are the highlights of the City Heritage Walk to gear you up for your journey.
How to follow the Preston City Heritage Walk
To start your journey download the "Preston City Heritage Walk" guide from the documents section at the bottom of this page.
The Preston City Heritage Walk is roughly 1 mile long and takes approximately 30 minutes to complete, but do allow yourself plenty extra time to soak up the sights!
Take a peek at the points of interest featured in this walk. Facts and how to follow the walk can be found in the guide at the bottom of this page.
- Preston Bus Station
- Covered Market
- Preston Town Hall
- Sessions House
- Preston Guild Hall & Charter Theatre
- The Cenotaph
- The Harris Museum & Art Gallery
- The Obelisk
- Site of the Old Town Hall
- Miller Arcade
- Bull & Royal Hotel
- St. John's Minster
- St Wilfrid's Church
- Fishergate Baptist Church
- Train Station
Other points of interest
Hungry for more? There are plenty more heritage sites to see around Preston and the city centre. You can relax in the peaceful Georgian Park of Winckley Square, not far from the magnificent Victorian Avenham and Miller Parks, or venture outside of the city centre for more of Preston's Parks, brimming with history and sights.
On top of this there is the Blue Plaque Heritage Walk, where you can discover more about Preston's historical sites and the people who shaped the city. To continue the historical journey, there's also the Preston Statues Trail and a series of Preston Remembers Trails as well as the trail of the 1715 Battle of Preston.
Map addresses for Preston City Heritage Walk
Key trail points:
- Preston Bus Station, PR1 1YT
- Covered Market, Earl Street, PR1 2JA
- Preston Town Hall, Lancaster Road, PR1 2RL
- Sessions House, Lancaster Road, PR1 2RL
- The Guild Hall & Charter Theatre, Lancaster Road, PR1 1HT
- The Cenotaph, Preston Flag Market, PR1 2AP
- The Harris Museum & Art Gallery, Market Square, PR1 2PP
- The Obelisk, Preston Flag Market, PR1 2AP
- The Site of the Old Town Hall, Crystal House, PR1 2AQ
- Miller Arcade, Lancaster Road, PR1 1DA
- Bull & Royal Hotel, 141 Church Street, PR1 3BU
- St. John's Minster, Church Street, PR1 3BT
- St Wilfrid's Church, Chapel Street, PR1 8BU
- Fishergate Baptist Church, PR1 2UR
- Train Station, Fishergate, PR1 8AP