Preston Blue Plaque Heritage Walk
Glimpse into Preston city centre's history and heritage...
Preston is home to a remarkable amount of blue plaques. Explore the plaques in the city centre by following the Blue Plaque Heritage Walk and uncover some of the most memorable places in Preston's history as well as the people that made the city what it is today.
How to follow the Blue Plaque Heritage Walk
To start your journey download the "Preston Blue Plaque Heritage Walk" guide from the documents section at the bottom of this page.
The Blue Plaque Heritage Walk is roughly 1.8 miles and takes around 40 minutes to complete.
Featured blue plaques
Take a peek at the blue plaques featured in this walk. Facts and how to follow the walk can be found in the guide at the bottom of this page.
- John Horrocks - Fylde Road, PR2 2NH
- Joseph Dunn - Fox Street, PR1 2AB
- Benjamin Franklin - Orchard Street, PR1 2EN
- Joseph Livesey - Stoneygate, PR1 3XU
- Sir Richard Arkwright - Stoneygate, PR1 3XU
- Isaac and Stephen Simpson - Avenham Road, PR1 3TH
- Thomas Miller - Winckley Square, PR1 3JJ
- Preston Catholic College - Winckley Square, PR1 3JJ
- Edith Rigby - Winckley Square, PR1 3JJ
- Edmund Robert Harris - Ribblesdale Place, PR1 3NA