Indoor Things to do for Summer 2019
Check out Preston's indoor things to do for a successful summer...
Cure your weather woes and keep your summer ticking along nicely with Preston's fantastic choice of fun things to do indoors.
Whether you're seeking stimulating activities to burn off some energy or something to entertain the whole family, the city has you spoilt for choice.
You may not be able to count on the weather but you can count on Preston's array of activities to suit all kinds of interests and budgets.
Why not try something new at one of Preston's indoor climbing venues. Combining fitness and fun, climbing makes the perfect activity for all ages.
For a less conventional climbing scene Clip 'n Climb delivers a range of jazzy designs for all ages and abilities. Or, if you're up for some more serious climbing, Boulder UK and Better West View both offer climbing sessions suitable for beginners and beyond.
Preston has a choice of two trampoline parks, both providing the perfect place to enjoy an afternoon of energetic fun. You can bounce around as a family or kick back and relax in one of their cafes, leaving the kids to burn off some energy.
Battle friends and family in one of Preston's indoor laser tag arenas. Choose either a post-apocalyptic Preston setting at End of Days Laser Tag or the traditional multi-level UV arena at Laser Quest Preston.
Nothing brings everyone together better than a traditional game of ten-pin bowling. Choose from the city centre venue, Odin's Bowl, inside Level entertainment complex, or the family-friendly Preston Rock N' Bowl with its nostalgic vibes.
With two escape room venues and a variety of themed interactive rooms to choose from, you won't be stuck for some puzzle-solving fun this summer. Escape Reality and Timed Trap both offer rooms for 2-6 players. And, with so many different themes to choose from, you can keep coming back for more.
Indoor assault courses
Challenge yourself and others at one of Preston's fun and adrenaline-pumping assault courses. These courses come in all shapes and sizes and are suitable for both kids and adults. Climb, jump and crawl your way through the inflatable adventure park at Wacky World, become the ultimate ninja at Ninja Adventure or test your strength and ability at Level's Daredevil Assault Course.
Get ready for the ultimate gaming experience. Inside Belong Gaming Arena you'll find top-of-the-range gaming kit, from PCs and PlayStations to Xboxes and VR equipment. Or, why not ramp up the virtual reality and pay Multiverse Virtual Reality a visit, making the most of their extensive choice of VR games.
A guaranteed hit for all ages, why not pay one of Preston's three cinemas a visit and enjoy some classic screen action. Odeon cinema offers a traditional experience, with Preston Dock and restaurants nearby, whilst Vue cinema delivers a modern atmosphere at the Capitol Centre Retail Park.
For a cinema experience with a twist, don't miss a visit to The Palace Cinema. This vintage cinema plays both mainstream films and brings all your favourite classics back to the big screen.
History and culture
Who says you can't have a day out indoors? The Harris Museum & Art Gallery makes the ideal place to while away the hours, with a number of exhibitions and plenty artwork to feast your eyes on and interact with. Inside you'll also find the large library and a number of events taking place over the summer.
As well as plenty to see and do inside its doors, the Harris also houses its own Harris Cafe, so you can grab a bite to eat and a drink without taking a step outside. What's more, the cafe sits in the middle of the building's grand atrium, giving you plenty to admire whilst you kick back and relax.
Don't miss the Fearsome Craftsmen Viking exhibition on at the Harris, taking place throughout the summer.
Filled with history and intrigue, explore inside the historic Samlesbury Hall and follow one of their engaging free tours. With tales of witches, ghosts and historic figures, the hall's tours will have you eager for more.
Samlesbury Hall is also home to a restaurant and cafe as well as a wafflery for some tasty treats at the end of the day.
More things to do this summer
Whether it's beaming sunshine or rainclouds this summer, you're sure to find entertainment and activities to suit everyone in Preston.
Map addresses for Indoor Things to do this Summer
- Clip 'N Climb Preston, 1b Wyder Court, Millennium City Park, Preston, PR2 5BW.
- Boulder UK, 3B Carnfield Place, Preston, PR5 8AN.
- Better West View Leisure Centre, Ribbleton Lane, Preston, PR1 5EP.
- Energi Trampoline Park Preston, Queens Shopping Park, Queen Street, PR1 4HZ.
- Flip Out Preston Trampoline & Adventure Park, Fishwick Park, 1B, Mercer Street, PR1 4LQ.
- End of Days Laser Tag, Level, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 1HT.
- Laser Quest Preston, Unit 1B Aqueduct Mill, Aqueduct Street, PR1 7JN.
- Odin's Bowl, Level, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 1HT.
- Preston Rock 'N Bowl, 50 Greenbank Street, PR1 7PH.
- Escape Reality Preston, Aqueduct Mill Industrial Park, 1 Aqueduct Street, PR1 7JN.
- Timed Trap, 56 Manchester Road, Preston, PR1 3YH.
- Wacky World, 4 Campbell Street, Preston, PR1 5LX.
- Ninja Adventure, Unit E, Fishwick Park, Mercer Street, Preston, PR1 4LQ.
- Daredevil Assault Course, Level, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 1HT.
- Belong Preston, 12 St George's Shopping Centre, Friargate, PR1 2TU.
- Multiverse Virtual Reality, Unit E1, Fishwick Park, Mercer Street, Preston, PR1 4LQ.
- Odeon, Port Way, Preston, PR2 2YQ.
- Vue Cinema Preston, Capitol Centre, London Way, Walton-le-Dale, PR5 4AW.
- The Palace Cinema, Market Place, Longridge, Preston, PR3 3RR.
- The Harris, Market Square, Preston, PR1 2PP.
- Samlesbury Hall, Preston New Road, Samlesbury, Preston, PR5 0UP.