City Deal and Lancashire Enterprise Partnership
Lancashire's £434 million investment project, supported by key partners such as Lancashire Enterprise Partnership, will transform the area creating thousands of new jobs and homes...
The Preston, South Ribble and Lancashire City Deal was a landmark agreement committing to major transformations in the area.
Lancashire County Council, Lancashire Enterprise Partnership, Preston City Council, South Ribble Borough Council and the Homes and Communities Agency negotiated the successful deal and are working together delivering this once in a lifetime opportunity.
What are City Deals?
A City Deal is an agreement between government and a city. It gives the city and its surrounding area certain powers and freedom to:
- take charge and responsibility of decisions that affect their area
- do what they think is best to help businesses grow
- create economic growth
- decide how public money should be spent
Outcomes of the investment
Investment of £434 million is unlocking the area's potential by:
- expanding and improving Preston and South Ribble’s transport infrastructure
- creating 20,000 new jobs
- developing 17,00 new homes
Additionally a £100million investment fund has been launched, created by Lancashire County Pension Fund. Funding from the public sector is also anticipated to leverage an additional £2.3billion of commercial investment into employment sites and housing.
Follow on social media
More about City Deal
For full details on City Deal and it’s schemes including the building of new homes, creation of jobs and improvement of access and public spaces visit Lancashire Enterprise Partnership - City Deal.
Lancashire Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
The LEP was formed in 2011 to make Lancashire the location for business growth and inward investment.
Who forms part of it?
The LEP is a creative collaboration of leaders from business, universities and local councils with wide ranging expertise who direct economic growth and drive job creation.
What do they do?
The LEP’s aim is to:
- ensure all companies have easy access to high grade support services that promote sustainable expansion
- ensure access to top quality premises and skilled people which may be required for companies to grow their activities in the region
- Provide support for businesses looking to set up operations in Preston and Lancashire
- assist the many companies already in the county become even more successful
Follow on social media
- Lancashire Enterprise Partnership - Twitter - @lancslep
More about LEP
For full details on what the LEP does, their priorities and achievements to date visit Lancashire Enterprise Partnership.
- City Deal - Business and Delivery Plan 2017/20 (PDF, 1.2MB) >
- City Deal video text transcript (PDF, 91KB) >
Telephone: 01772 536605
Lancs Enterprise Partnership Ltd
County Hall. Preston
Lancashire, PR1 8XJ