Christmas Events 2020
Date Saturday 21 November 2020 - Friday 25 December 2020
Time 9:00am - 11:00pm
Location Various Locations, Preston, PR1 2PP
Online and socially distanced events for Christmas 2020...
Christmas might look a little different this year but there are still plenty events taking place in Preston, both online and socially distanced. Let this handy guide take the fuss out of your hunt for things to do, and help put you in the festive mood.
Please note: Due to Government guidelines and potential changes ahead, make sure to check with the event organiser on the day to ensure it is still taking place.
Santa's Post Box - Brockholes Nature Reserve
- Dates: Saturday 21 November - Sunday 13 December (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays)
- Times: Pre-booked slots starting from 10am
- Price: £5.50 per pack
- Address: Brockholes, Preston New Road, Samlesbury, Preston, PR5 0AG.
Write your letter to Santa at home before enjoying a family winter walk at Brockholes, following the self-led trail to Santa's post box. Find Santa's address along the route, and don't forget to collect a hot chocolate from the Kestrel Kitchen to finish up. Letter packs include envelopes, a Brockholes pencil, instructions, a trail map, and a hot chocolate voucher.
To book your slot visit Brockholes - Events.
Harris Live at Home: A Brief History of Christmas - Online
- Date: Wednesday 2 December
- Time: 7.30pm
- Price: £10
Acclaimed musicians GreenMatthews present a festive romp through 600 years of Christmas music, songs and carols. Beginning in the Middle Ages and ending in the 20th century, ‘A Brief History of Christmas’ is a whistle-stop tour of the origins of our midwinter festivities. Featuring long-forgotten songs and tales as well as some familiar and well-loved carols, ‘A Brief History of Christmas‘ is a show guaranteed to delight the hearts of young and old.
To book your ticket visit Eventbrite - Harris Live at Home.
Seasonal Wreath Making - Samlesbury Hall
- Dates: Friday 4 December, Tuesday 8 December, Wednesday 9 December, and Saturday 12 December
- Times: 11am - 1pm each day, and additional afternoon session (2.30pm - 4.30pm) Saturday 12 December
- Price: £55 per person
- Address: Samlesbury Hall, Preston New Road, Samlesbury, Preston, PR5 0UP.
Create your own Christmas wreath in the beautiful and medieval setting of Samlesbury Hall. You will enjoy a glass of mulled wine or tea/coffee and a warm mince pie on arrival. Then design your own bespoke door wreath using seasonal, natural foliage.
To book your place visit Samlesbury Hall - Seasonal Wreath Making.
Mr Ribble's Festive Trains - Ribble Steam Railway and Museum
- Dates: Saturday 5 December and Saturday 19 December
- Times: 11am - 4pm
- Price: From £5
- Address: Ribble Steam Railway and Museum, Chain Caul Road, Preston, PR2 2PD.
Book your slot to view Ribble Steam Railway's festive trains and take part in their annual Elf Trail. The perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit in a safe environment. Tickets include access to the festively trimmed museum, a Christmas train ride, and a small Christmas gift with an activity pack (child's ticket).
For more details and to book your slot visit Ribble Steam Railway and Museum - Mr Ribble's Festive Trains.
Light up Garstang - Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre
- Date: Sunday 6 December
- Time: 12pm - 5pm
- Price: Free
- Address: Best Western Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre, Bowgreave Drive, Bowgreave, Preston, PR3 1YE.
Garstang's Christmas maker's market will feature a selection of hand-picked stalls, selling unique handmade gifts, delicious treats, and the perfect Christmas presents.
Christmas Musical Afternoon Teas - Gibbon Bridge Hotel and Restaurant
- Dates: Wednesday 9 December and 16 December
- Times: 9am - 5pm
- Price: £18 (starting from)
- Address: Gibbon Bridge Hotel and Restaurant, Green Lane, Chipping, Preston, PR3 2TQ.
Join Gibbon Bridge for an afternoon of Christmas music and delicious afternoon tea including turkey & cranberry sandwiches, mince pies and brandy butter, cake, and tea. Make it even more special by enjoying a glass of champagne with it!
To book your place visit Gibbon Bridge Hotel and Restaurant - Christmas Musical Afternoon Teas.
Breakfast with Santa - Bell & Bottle
- Date: Saturday 12 December
- Time: 9.30am - 11.30am
- Price: £6.50 (starting from)
- Address: Bell & Bottle, 1 Blackpool Rd, Kirkham, Newton with Scales, Preston, PR4 3RJ.
Meet Santa at the Bell and Bottle this year. Each family will get their own table to comply with social distancing.
Child tickets include a full cooked breakfast or pancakes and drink, writing a letter to Santa and passing it on to him, Christmas card making, cookies with Mrs Claus, meeting Santa, and a present from Santa. Adult tickets include a full cooked breakfast.
For more details and to book call the Bell & Bottle on 01772 684288.
Coffee and Carols
- Date: Saturday 12 December
- Times: 10am - 11.15am and 11.45am - 12.30pm
- Price: Free
- Address: Bamber Bridge Methodist Church, Station Road, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6ED.
There's still a chance to enjoy some carols this Christmas with this drive-in Circuit Coffee & Carols service at Bamber Bridge MC. The event will involve the Circuit Choir standing outdoors with a PA system and people will stay in their cars with their own coffee/refreshments. Each car will receive disposable hymn sheets.
To attend you must book a slot in the car park by emailing email@example.com.
Messy Christmas - Online
- Date: Saturday 19 December
- Time: 9am - 10am
- Price: Free
St. Cuthberts Church Fulwood have a short Christmas video and message to access online via their church YouTube channel (and a link to be posted on the event page on the day).
They have created activity bags which can be collected from the church between 9am - 10am on the day. In each bag there will be some crafts, treats, stories and activities that you'll be able to do at home.
For more details, and to sign up for your activity bag, visit St. Cuthberts Church - Messy Christmas.
Artisan Market - Brooks Gelato
- Date: Sunday 20 December
- Time: 10am - 4pm
- Price: Free
- Address: Brooks Gelato, Station Lane, Barton, Newsham, Preston, PR3 5DY.
Enjoy browsing through an abundance of local food, drink, and crafts at this Christmas artisan market. There will be enough space to remain socially distanced and pick up fantastic goods - from Gelato made fresh at the farm to local gins, stone baked pizza, cakes, pies, jewellery, vegan skincare and makeup, wooden crafts, and much much more.
Map addresses for Christmas events in Preston 2020
- Brockholes, Preston New Road, Samlesbury, Preston, PR5 0AG.
- Samlesbury Hall, Preston New Road, Samlesbury, Preston, PR5 0UP.
- Ribble Steam Railway and Museum, Chain Caul Road, Preston, PR2 2PD.
- Best Western Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre, Bowgreave Drive, Bowgreave, Preston, PR3 1YE.
- Gibbon Bridge Hotel and Restaurant, Green Lane, Chipping, Preston, PR3 2TQ.
- Bell and Bottle, 1 Blackpool Rd, Kirkham, Newton with Scales, Preston, PR4 3RJ.
- Bamber Bridge Methodist Church, Station Road, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6ED.
- Brooks Gelato, Station Lane, Barton, Newsham, Preston, PR3 5DY.