A natural way to wellbeing...
Myplace aims to improve wellbeing and supports people who suffer with their mental health as well as people who are interested in meeting new people and learning new skills.
Myplace sessions are part of an ecotherapy project and consist of bushcraft, growing plants, mindfulness, nature walks, and practical conservation.
Sessions are run on the following days and locations:
- Mondays, 4.30pm-6.30pm, Brockholes (for 13-24 year olds)
- Wednesdays, 1pm-3pm, Avenham Park (for 13 year olds and over)
- Thursdays, 10.30pm-12.30pm, Brockholes (for over 25s)
- Thursdays, 2pm-4pm, Brockholes (for over 25s)
- Fridays, 1pm-3.30pm, Grange Community Gardens (for 13-24 year olds)
These sessions are free and are open to anyone who is over 13, although over 25s must work less than 16 hours a week. Refreshments are included and bus fares reimbursed.
Men in Sheds
Myplace also offers a Men in Sheds group in Preston aimed at unemployed males over 50. These are run in a workshop where you can make items such as bird boxes, hedgehog houses, and bird tables.
The group is run on Wednesdays, 10.30am-1.30pm, at Grange Community Gardens.
Map addresses for Myplace
- Brockholes, Preston New Road, Preston, PR5 0AG.
- Avenham & Miller Parks, South Meadow Lane, Preston, PR1 8JP.
- Grange Community Garden, Fir Trees Avenue, Preston, PR2 6QW.